About Me

My photo
I am a Practitioner of 'The 7e Way of Leaders' where a Leader will Envision, Enable (ASK for TOP D), Empower, Execute, Energize, and Evolve grounded on ETHICS!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Daily Lessons from Life 9 September 2015 - Before the Cooling Off Day

Well, by the time I am finished with this blog, NO political parties will be allowed to campaign anymore!

Have they done enough to convince or influence the undecided, the neutral to vote for them? How much will be that swing?

Is the 'full election' strategy by the opposition parties a mistake since it allows the ruling party to play the 'we may not be in government if you vote in more opposition MPs' card? or 'we will vote in opposition MPs that appeared to be credible to us' on a electoral constituency-by-constituency basis?

Is harping on the successes of the last 50-year, and for many the last 40-year, reasons enough to put the ruling party in charge with NO opposition MPs at all?

What's next for Singapore's political development after this GE2015 if the opposition parties gained another GRC or SMC or another 5-13 MPs in the parliament? how will the ruling party respond? What if the opposition party lost ALL their contests? Is this a good development for Singapore since that means the 'one-party know best and can react decisively and nimbly way' will be preserved?

I am out of town and will NOT get to vote. I am sure my one vote will not decide the GRC that I am in so I will not lose sleep over it. At the same time, it will be interesting to learn if the incumbent PAP MPs will get higher popular votes vs. what they won in GE2011? If not, what does it mean?

I can't wait to learn of the results as I head home on Saturday morning!

No comments: