About Me

My photo
I am a Practitioner of 'The 7e Way of Leaders' where a Leader will Envision, Enable (ASK for TOP D), Empower, Execute, Energize, and Evolve grounded on ETHICS!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Daily Lessons from Life 31 December 2009

This is the last day of 2009. A day to say a true farewell to a year that was just past. And a day to look forward to a new year in 2010.

A lot has happened in 2009 for sure. Just like the year before in 2008. Good things. Bad things. Whatever.

To some the good things are bad things. To some the bad things are good. To the indifferent, they are all whatever!!

If we can learn from the bad things and move forward, it is great. However, if we are stuck in the memory of the bad things, we will be trapped and die!

If we can take the good things and replicate them abundantly in the new year, that will be most wonderful as more people will benefit from these good things!!

For me, the year is just a number. 2009 to 2010. It is not the year that is important but what have I done that is most important. I think I have done enough. Got most of my 2009 resolutions accomplished - especially those short term ones. I still have to continue to work on the lifelong resolutions till the end of my journey on earth.

So, a summary of 2009 resolutions:
- Completed my 2nd Marathon and raised S$5.2k for the Singapore Cancer Society with the generous donations from my friends in Singapore, Malaysia, China, Korea, Australia and Hong Kong! A big thank you for allowing this restless old man to do something meaningful while keeping a holistic healthy lifestyle of exercising and eating right!;

- Struggled to keep to 75kg on 31 December 2009 itself. Need to work harder on this in 2010 as the number of times I hit 75kg in 2009 is not good enough. i.e. not more than 60%!!;

- diversified my revenue sources adequately in 2009 to include Ken Blanchard's program (thanks to Kong Chin's introduction and Jacinta's hands-holding), 7e Way of Leaders Workshop in Shanghai through PSB Consulting SH (thanks to Dora and her team), and continued to works on Project Mgt Workshop with BMC (thanks to Gavin) and Motorola Taiwan (thanks to Lee Chi) and Motorola Singapore (thanks to Rosniaty);

For 2010, my resolutions are:
1. Lifelong journey - to be a better person, father, husband and son on a personal basis; and to be a better professional always;

2. Holistic healthy lifestyle and marathon charity - continue to work on keeping to the regular exercises and eating appropriately; and to raise fund for my 3rd marathon with a target time of 6-6.5hrs like this year;

3. Revenue diversification - continue to work with Ken Blanchard and BMC and Motorola as much as possible while increasing the 7e Way of Leaders program with PSB Consulting SH. Maybe one or two consulting projects in 2010. Also look for opportunities to write articles for some established publications on 7e Way of Leaders or my other performance consulting issues. To work with Eleanor on IBE program in Guangzhou with Dr. Gary and Prof. Bowen;

4. Learn Malay language PROPERLY!! Aimed to be able to read and speak adequately with Malay speakers!;

5. Communication services and volunteer work - continue the meaningful liaison with the Probation Services Branch of MCYS;

6. Be available for the unexpected always;

7. Investment and prosperity department - continue to be disciplined in investing and be a better investor instead of being a perpetual student paying tuition fee!

What is done yesterday is history
What is the result for tomorrow is unknown
What is meaningful and real is how we learn from history, look into the future and do what we need to do TODAY.

I am thankful for all that I have - my health, my family and my friends.

May 2010 be a Healthy, Happy, Purposeful and Prosperous one for you and your loved ones.
May 2010 be a year where Mother Earth gets some more help from her children.
May 2010 be a year that is more just and fair and full of love and peace.

No comments: