About Me

My photo
I am a Practitioner of 'The 7e Way of Leaders' where a Leader will Envision, Enable (ASK for TOP D), Empower, Execute, Energize, and Evolve grounded on ETHICS!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Daily Lesson from Life 22 November 2008

I am catching up on the blog for yesterday as I fell ill last night and went to bed early!

Before that I went to the 30th reunion of my wife's class at her classmate home. I know some of the people there and got to know a few more of her classmates. All of them are fairly successful in their own right and it is great to see them mingling and chatting with classmates whom they have not met for more than 2 or 3 decades! It seemed their last class get-together was just before they left high school for National Service for the boys and university study for the girls!

One of the topics of keen discussion is: medical cost in Singapore. There were a few other old favourites like cost of utilities, retrenchment in the face of the financial meltdown, the kids and their school, but this one stood out for me.

One of them related a story of a friend who had his father in a private housing for 1.5 month with a total bill of S$400k, after discount!! He passed away still.

It gives further impetus to me to keep a healthy lifestyle though I was not feeling well last night due to some food or drink that disagreed with me earlier at home. It shows that there is no guarantee in life. However, if we don't prioritize between busying making money or making a living and making time for exercises and eating well but not over-eating, the outcome is surely a bad health!

I am going to go for my 2nd last jog before the 7 Dec 2008 S'pore Marathon this after if I feel well enough. Otherwise may have to go for a swim to make up!

Staying healthy should be the key priority for all of us.

Take care and be well.

No comments: