About Me

My photo
I am a Practitioner of 'The 7e Way of Leaders' where a Leader will Envision, Enable (ASK for TOP D), Empower, Execute, Energize, and Evolve grounded on ETHICS!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Daily Lesson from Life 24 March 2010 - Rapist pastes victim's nude photos in her village

"Wed, Mar 24, 2010 The Daily Chilli - Rapist pastes victim's nude photos in her village

A 26-year-old Chinese woman's nightmare started five years ago when she was raped by the canteen operator of her school.

'He took me to a motel on the pretext of introducing a job to me. Instead, he raped me there,' said Chen XiaoLi (not her real name).

Since then, Chen had been 'controlled' by the 40-year-old rapist, surnamed Zhang, who threatened to reveal the rape to the public if she went against his commands.

"I could not retaliate as he told me he would kill my whole family if I did so" she told Da He Bao (a newspaper)."

This is a very very sad story. How could the rapist got away with his brutality and crime for so long? How could he even thought that he can get away with this crime by 'revealing' the rape to the public? How could the young lady had endured 5 years of hell during which she was forced to undergo 6 abortions?

Lessons for me are:

1. China still has many parts that are impoverished and the stigma of 'being violated' mean the girl or the young lady is of loose moral! The shame which should be on the rapist for committing such an act against innocent and defenseless female human being became that of the victim!! This will NOT change unless the public and everyone are educated and made to understand that the rapist is the one who should be shamed!! The rapist should be brought to justice as soon as possible instead of being tolerated!;

2. I am not sure what could have been the reaction of the father if, I am assuming she did not revealed it earlier, she had revealed to him about the crime against her. Would he had tried to get the rapist to marry her instead to 'cover the shame'? That is a distinct possibility if the village and the father and family is of the 'old' traditional rural type. Or maybe the rapist were so much like the local feudal thugs of old that he can kill someone with impunity and disregard for the local law enforcement officials?;

3. now that this case has been revealed, I hope that the local law enforcement authority will severely punish him and protect the victim from further harassment. It is indeed shocking to learn that such repressive behaviors still exist at this time and age. Or maybe I am simply just too idealistic or naive to think that the world is a better place vs. those I saw on an old 40-year old move where the local feudal lords could do whatever they want to the poor and the weak instead of protecting them!

No comments: